GUSSY BABY SET TO DROP 2ND ALBUM "EXQUISITE" ON 21ST MAY, 2017 - Leisure Quest Entertainment Magazine

Breaking

:

STAY WITH US

test banner

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Tuesday 2 May 2017

GUSSY BABY SET TO DROP 2ND ALBUM "EXQUISITE" ON 21ST MAY, 2017

Gussy Baby set to drop her second album
The road to stardom is sort by many. Few ever truly find it, and fewer still will tread it to fulfillment of dreams and aspirations. Mabel T. Green a.k.a Gussy Baby is from Bonny Local Government Area of Rivers State, Nigeria. Gussy Baby is known across Nigeria and her music is currently getting world acclaims on itunes and other online platforms.

On May 1st, 2017, Leisure Quest had a scheduled interview session with the fast rising artiste who made out time despite her busy schedule due to preparations for the formal release of the new album.

See excerpts below:  

Everybody is talking about Gussy Baby on Social Media. Can You tell you fans your real name:

My real name is Mabel T. Green, Gussy Baby is my Stage Name

How old are you Gussy:

(Chuckles) I am 24 years old

What Brand of Entertainment do you deliver to your audience/fans:

I am a female act who sings hip hop and dance hall.

Gussy Baby (Middle) about to mount the stage

How long have you been singing:

I would say i started singing as a toddler. Then i got established in music 2008 and i am still active with my songs and live shows till date.

Have you worked with any Record Label:

I was in Sueve Records based in Lagos but i had to leave to continue my programme at school (Rivers State Polytechnic Port Harcourt now known as University of Arts and Science). I read estate management and  I graduated in the 2011/12 academic session.


What are your greatest achievements:

I was in MTN project fame Season 9. Although i didnt make it through there, but i still made it on my own through determination. I never gave up after MTN project fame, i did a lot of shows paying attention to my music and my stage performance and outfits. When the crowds heard me sing, they instantly became my fans. Mi2 also became my number 1 fan too and that was why he did a song for me titled "I want to be your fan"

Gussy Baby with Duncan Mighty a.k.a Port Harcourt 1st Son at the studio

The Journey so far: 

I had my first album in 2009 titled "God's Goodness" with 3 tracks like "Shake Your Body", "Carry Me Go" and a collabo featuring Charles B titled "Party is Getting Hot". 
It was a nice album that got played on air, naijaonelove.com and on the internet. It was played on love fm, wazobia, Rythm fm and many other radio stations across the nation. I would say the Journey to stardom wasn't easy, but i was lucky to have people who stood by me and encouraged to weather the storm and triumph.

Mabel Green a.k.a Gussy Baby

Can you name one person you would say played a major role in helping you achieve your dreams:

I would say the late Kefee was one of my greatest motivator. She freely guided me with ideas, words of advise and caution all based on real experiences in the entertainment industry. I still regret loosing
Kefee. She was the one who encouraged me to put in my best efforts. If she was alive, she would have been my manager.

Album set to drop on 21st May, 2017

What are your upcoming projects:

My second album is going to be released on the 21st of  May, 2017. The new album title is Exquisite. I started working on it since 2016 with too singles titled As i dey and Super Star currently available on itunes, notjust.com and space. They are also on mtn music plus paying link. 


Apart from music, are you into any other ventures: 

Currently i work with DSTV U.S Communications. It is a full time job but i still make out enough time for my music and shows. I am also a stylist and make up artiste.


What should Gussy Baby fans Expect:

Hmmm, ok tell my fans that they should expect something crazy from me. They should expect a new level of musical excellence and I will be spotting crazy and controversial outfits on stage too. 


Message to your people:

I would like to thank my Mum for not giving up on me, even when they told her i was growing wild (lol). My mum prays for me and gives me the encouragement to go on. 
Many thanks to my fans especially those who voted for me in PH Music Comedy Award, organized by MTN, Supreme Magazine and Media Outfits.

Listen to a sample of Gussy Baby Music on this link: https://t.co/nQGFMvnI16

See other pictures of the Hip Hop and Dance Hall Star below:






















Written by Eloho Ikede









No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here